Make a Difference for a Transfer Student!
Scholarship Fall Fundraiser
New for 2019! NYSTAA is hosting a fundraiser to support our annual student scholarships. We receive applications from an exceptional cohort of deserving students, and we want to continue to provide six (6) $1,000 scholarships. These scholarships allow students the freedom to buy books, cover housing and transportation costs as well as help make their transfer from the community college to the 4-year college as seamless as possible.
You now have the opportunity to contribute to this worthy scholarship fund! Buy virtual tickets online for a chance to win great prizes! NYSTAA members and non-members encouraged to participate. All proceeds directly support our transfer students! Spread the word to your friends and colleagues to help our transfer students!
$25 per ticket
Tickets are available until December 13, 2019
Prize winners will be notified via email the week of December 16, 2019
Top prize – $500 cash
Second prize – $100 Amazon gift card (Donated by Conference Direct)
Third prize – $75 Visa gift card
Fourth prize – $50 Visa gift card
Fifth prize – New York State product gift basket ($50 value)
For 2019, NYSTAA will award six (6) scholarships for transfer students valued at $1,000 each.
- Are currently enrolled at an active NYSTAA two-year member college and will complete an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science by August 2019
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- Apply and plan on attending a current four-year NYSTAA member institution in fall 2019
- Online scholarship application, including;
- uploaded unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress
- One letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member, emailed as a Word or .pdf attachment, to NYSTAAScholarshipCommittee@gmail.com.