NYSTAA is committed to the success of the college transfer student. Our membership includes individuals involved in the transfer process at every level. We seek opportunities to improve the transfer process and promote student success. If you share the passion we have for making a difference in the lives of our students please consider becoming a NYSTAA member.
We are an organization that is led by our members. The issues and needs that are witnessed on the local, state, and national level as identified by our members are the focus of our organization. Every member has a voice and the opportunity to be involved in the capacity they choose such as committee involvement and leadership positions. In the past new committees have been formed based on the identified need expressed by members. We are truly a member led organization. NYSTAA will continue to grow and be a leader in higher education as an organization centered on this philosophy. We hope you consider becoming a member of NYSTAA as we continue our role as an advocate for the transfer student.
Please note: While NYSTAA aims to share our information with members and non-members alike our members are afforded earlier access to certain resources.
Among the benefits of becoming a NYSTAA member include:
- Your students will be eligible to apply for the NYSTAA Transfer Scholarship. These scholarships are awarded annually to deserving community college graduates moving on to a 4-year college or university
- Ability to promote transfer related events through the NYSTAA Events Calendar.
- Share major campus updates to membership with annual announcements from the Marketing and Communications committee.
- Meeting participation, networking, and professional development opportunities on the state and local levels
- Reduced fee for the Annual NYSTAA Conference (To be eligible for the Member Discount for the Annual Conference you must be a fully registered NYSTAA member by February 1 of the respective conference year unless otherwise indicated)
- Input and a voice in an organization whose focus is transfer student success
- Professional Development Grant opportunities that allow NYSTAA members the opportunity to attend the annual NYSTAA conference when funding is not available at their institution.
If you have questions about becoming a member of NYSTAA please contact the chair of the Membership Committee or visit our Join NYSTAA page.