Transfer Student Scholarships
For 2022, NYSTAA will award six (6) scholarships for transfer students valued at $1,000 each.
- Are currently enrolled at an active NYSTAA two-year member college and will complete an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Applied Science by August 2022
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- Apply and plan on attending a current four-year NYSTAA member institution in fall 2022
- Online scholarship application, including;
- uploaded unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress
- One letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member, emailed as a Word or .pdf attachment, to NYSTAAScholarshipCommittee@gmail.com.
Spread the Word!
Transfer professionals: download the Scholarship Flyer in either .pdf or .jpg format and use to promote the scholarship on your home campus – flyers around campus, social media, email!
Congratulations to our 2021 Transfer Scholarship Recipients!
Transfer from Dutchess Community College to SUNY Oswego
Major: Broadcasting and Mass Communication
Advice for transfer students: “Never underestimate the power that lies within you. Believe in yourself, apply yourself and work hard towards your goals and aspirations. When opportunities present themselves, you will be ready.”
Transfer from Westchester Community College to SUNY Maritime College
Julie aspires to be a supply chain manager with a focus on the marine transportation industry. She hopes to pursue an M.B.A. after her bachelor’s degree.
Transfer from Mohawk Valley Community College to SUNY Polytechnic Institute
Major: Electrical Engineering Technology
Advice for transfer students: “Do something hard now to make your future easier.”
Transfer from Jamestown Community College to Daemen College
Major: Natural Science, with plans to pursue a Docotorate of Physical Therapy (DPT)
Fundraiser for Student Scholarships
NYSTAA hosted an online fundraiser to support our annual award of six (6) $1,000 student scholarships.
These scholarships allow students the ability to buy books, cover housing and transportation costs as well as help make their transfer from the community college to the 4-year college as seamless as possible.
Thank you to everyone who purchased virtual tickets! Look for additional ways to support the student scholarship fund during the 2022 Annual Conference, May 24-25, 2022.