Congratulations to our 2021 Transfer Scholarship Recipients!
Transfer from Dutchess Community College to SUNY Oswego
Major: Broadcasting and Mass Communication
Advice for transfer students: “Never underestimate the power that lies within you. Believe in yourself, apply yourself and work hard towards your goals and aspirations. When opportunities present themselves, you will be ready.”
Transfer from Westchester Community College to SUNY Maritime College
Julie aspires to be a supply chain manager with a focus on the marine transportation industry. She hopes to pursue an M.B.A. after her bachelor’s degree.
Transfer from Mohawk Valley Community College to SUNY Polytechnic Institute
Major: Electrical Engineering Technology
Advice for transfer students: “Do something hard now to make your future easier.”
Transfer from Jamestown Community College to Daemen College
Major: Natural Science, with plans to pursue a Docotorate of Physical Therapy (DPT)
Transfer Student Scholarships
For 2021, NYSTAA will award six (6) scholarships for transfer students valued at $1,000 each.
- Are currently enrolled at an active NYSTAA two-year member college and will complete an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Applied Science by August 2021
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- Apply and plan on attending a current four-year NYSTAA member institution in fall 2021
- Online scholarship application, including;
- uploaded unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress
- One letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member, emailed as a Word or .pdf attachment, to NYSTAAScholarshipCommittee@gmail.com.
Spread the Word!
Transfer professionals: download the Scholarship Flyer in either .pdf or .jpg format and use to promote the scholarship on your home campus.