Make a Difference for New York Transfer Students!
Fall Scholarship Fundraiser
We receive applications from an exceptional cohort of deserving students, and we want to continue to provide six (6) $1,000 scholarships. These scholarships allow students the ability to buy books, cover housing and transportation costs as well as help make their transfer from the community college to the 4-year college as seamless as possible.
You now have the opportunity to contribute to this worthy scholarship fund! Buy virtual tickets online ($25 per ticket) for a chance to win great prizes! NYSTAA members and non-members are encouraged to participate. All proceeds directly support our transfer students! Spread the word to your friends and colleagues to help our students! Tickets available through December 11, 2020.
Top prize – $500 cash
Second Prize – $75 e-gift card (your choice)
Third/Fourth/Fifth Prizes – $50 e-gift card (your choice)
For 2020, NYSTAA will award six (6) scholarships for transfer students valued at $1,000 each.
- Are currently enrolled at an active NYSTAA two-year member college and will complete an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science by August 2020
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- Apply and plan on attending a current four-year NYSTAA member institution in fall 2020
- Online scholarship application, including;
- uploaded unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress
- One letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member, emailed as a Word or .pdf attachment, to NYSTAAScholarshipCommittee@gmail.com.